Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mixed Berry Muffins

Recently I heard about almond flour and immediately was intrigued. So lately I've been an eager beaver wanting to get my hands on some and experiment. I found my bag at the local Trader Joes in the nut section for a reasonable $3.99. 

We had some fresh raspberries and blackberries in the fridge, so I thought berry muffins would be nice for breakfast or an afternoon snack. Now, I've heard almond flour makes whatever you bake less fluffy, so I was a bit hesitant as to how the results would come out. I got Gwyneth Paltrow's cookbook My Father's Daughter for my birthday back in December, and still hadn't tried anything from it. So I decided to use her Blueberry Muffin recipe. The recipe calls for 2 cups of unbleached flour, so I decided to substitute half organic wheat flour and half almond flour. Good choice because, these bad boys came out tasty!


Getting started
Folding the berries in
Ready to bake...

                                     




2 comments:

  1. Yummy, I'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete