Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Maui, part 1.

We went away for a little vacation time, but we're back. Maui was simply, awesome. I've said it before, and I'll say it again....we love to eat. So obviously I need to tell you about some of our favorite spots for food on Maui. 


LOCAL FOOD - LAHAINA

First on the agenda was nabbing some Spam Masubi. My family had been raving about this tiny little place where a woman makes the Masubi to order and it's served all nice and toasty warm. Yum! LOCAL FOOD is located in Lahaina in a nondescript strip mall. You order at the window and take your food to go or pop a squat at one of the two picnic benches. 






LOCAL BOY - LAHAINA & KIHEI

You can't go to Hawaii without getting shaved ice. And, you need to get it Hawaiian style because when else are you going to?? Hawaiian style means starting with ice cream, loading that with Azuki beans, then your ice, then your flavors, and topping it all with Kauai cream. We also liked adding mochi to our shaved ice. I swear it's heavenly. Our favorite is LOCAL BOY SHAVED ICE. There are two locations in Maui: 1 in Kihei and the other in Lahaina. We hit up both. Yep, we liked it THAT much. 












BRADDA HUTTS - HANA

During our trip to Hana we got hungry. Luckily I had read thumbs up reviews on YoungHouseLove for Bradda Hutts, a little bbq place at the end of Hana. Thanks guys! They were so right. This place rocked. We shared one order of chicken and it was perfect. Hands down the best chicken we had the whole trip. And surely the best chicken I've ever had from a blue mini bus. 



eating in the car because it was raining.
this is how much I liked the chicken platter, & I don't even like chicken.




PITA PARADISE - KIHEI

I wish we had discovered Pita Paradise in Kihei earlier in the trip. Our meal there tasted so fresh and light. Plus, we got to sit outside and enjoy the Hawaii air. The owner serves a fresh catch of the day. He either catches it himself or gets it from a friend that has caught it. How rad is that?! We ordered the catch of the day on pita, a pita pizza, and a size of hummus. Not a bad one in the bunch. 





1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan,

    I've been looking for blog posts about Maui to feature on our site. If you're interested, you can drop me a line at Kate (at) Dwellable (.com)

    Thanks!

    and love the earrings on your main pic :)

    ReplyDelete